Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Run Training Summary

All three of the 10k races this fall have been slightly off my desired competitive level - a 37:20 at Bbq Run, a 37:15 on slightly shorter but hilly Run for Cure, and a 39:09 at Chiang Mai 10.6k (which I am generously adjusting to 37 minutes flat for 10k).  

Why?  As you can see in my Run Mileage Chart below, my running had fallen off during the summer triathlon season


Quantity fell off more than quality as this graph suggests (and I am more of a proponent of quality). But quality was also compromised by all the tiring swim and spin sessions. 

But in recent weeks, as you can see, run training volume is up.  Given my experience in recent years that would suggest that I will be in great running shape by around April or May.  Unfortunately by that time I will be well into triathlon season, and there are few run races anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jay,

How do I get in touch with you? Do you have an email?

Thanks.